High Oak Surgery Our Public Conversation (Now Closed)
We are pleased to announce that pre-bookable appointments will be available at the portacabin site in Pensnett from Tuesday 9th May onwards. These appointments will be in addition to those at Brierley Hill Health and Social Care Centre.
To book at either location, please call the reception team on 01384 366155.
Please be aware, at this stage, we may not be able to accept medical samples (blood/urine, etc) at the portacabin site. This service will continue at Brierley Hill Health and Social Care Centre as normal. Should you have any queries, the reception team will be happy to assist you.
The public conversation was open from Monday 17th October 2022 and closed on Monday 5th December 2022.
What are the options we need your views on?
The two viable options for the future location of the Surgery have been identified as the following:
Option 1a: High Oak Surgery is retained at Brierley Hill Health and Social Care Centre as it is currently (a single-site solution)
Option 1b: As per option 1a, but with a hub and spoke arrangement, for physically non-invasive care
For more information on the above options please read our conversation document.
How to get involved...
We would like you to consider the options and share your views with us to help shape the future location of the Surgery.
You can do this in the following ways:
You can call 0121 612 4110 to receive your copy of the conversation document in the post, a hard copy of the survey, and a Freepost envelope to return your response. You can also use this number to request copies of this document's easy-read and audio versions.
Three public meetings are also taking place, where you can hear from Dudley Integrated Health and Care NHS Trust and talk to staff from the Trust.
They will take place on the following dates:
- Wednesday 9th November 2022 at 6:30 pm (Brockmoor Community Centre, Pensnett Road, Brockmoor, Brierley Hill, DY5 3YH)
- There is a drop-in session specifically for people aged between 16 and 25 on Monday 14 November 2022 at High Oak Youth and Community Centre, 34 High Oak, Pensnett, Dudley, DY5 4LA. This will be facilitated by Dudley Council for Voluntary Services.
- We have written to patients with a registered learning disability at High Oak Surgery, on behalf of Healthwatch Dudley, to invite these individuals for a drop-in session. Healthwatch Dudley is not the NHS or the council. This means that they are independent. Healthwatch Dudley are available to collect views from 8.30 am and 7.00 pm on Tuesday 15th November 2022 at Pensnett Community Centre, High Street, Pensnett, Brierley Hill, DY5 4JQ.
- Wednesday 23rd November 2022 at 10:30 am (Brockmoor Community Centre, Pensnett Road, Brockmoor, Brierley Hill, DY5 3YH)
- Wednesday 30th November 2022 at 3:00 pm (St. James' Methodist Church, High Street, Pensnett, DY5 4RH)
For further reading, please click on the following:
- Healthwatch Report: Local people's views on the location of the High Oak Surgery and GP services
- Pre-Consultation Listening Exercise Feedback Report