Our Vision and Values
We will help the people of Dudley to live longer healthier lives through our pioneering and truly integrated NHS organisation, focused on the overall health and needs of the population of Dudley. Our ethos is ‘community where possible, hospital where necessary’. We provide accessible and efficient services, and high quality is at the heart of everything we do.
- We are a pioneering and truly integrated NHS organisation. We bring together services and teams within a single, integrated, joined up and values-led organisation.
- We focus on the overall health and needs of the population of Dudley. This focus drives our strategy and our operations.
- Our ethos is ‘community where possible, hospital where necessary’. We provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time.
- We provide accessible and efficient services. We maximise accessibility, effectively co-ordinate services, and provide person centred care closer to home.
- Quality is at the heart of everything we do. We optimise outcomes and experience for all our patients.
- To improve population access to primary and community services.
- To improve continuity of care for the rising number of people with multiple long-term conditions.
- To provide better coordination of care for those with multiple complex needs.
- To deliver better outcomes and improved health and wellbeing for the people of Dudley.
- To make more effective use of resources through a collaborative approach to ensure sustainable health and social care across the whole system.
Dudley Integrated Health and Care NHS Trust will deliver services that are:
- Joined up. We will co-ordinate primary, community, social and acute care services, centred around the holistic physical and mental health needs of patients.
- Digitally enabled. We will implement shared clinical records, systems, data and information to improve the efficiency and quality of services across primary, community and outpatient care.
- Prevention focused. We will empower the population to look after their own health through greater understanding of how to live a healthier lifestyle, better access and signposting of services, and shared decision making and treatment plans. We will support people to access and maintain social and community support networks.
- Informed by need. We will use population health management techniques to understand current, and predict future, health and care needs. We will use this understanding to develop effective strategies and to tailor services to reduce health inequalities and improve the health and well-being of the Dudley population.
- We will be bold and brave, thinking and working differently and innovatively to tackle challenges and improve quality.
- Delivered close to home. We will build on the existing PCNs, Integrated Community Teams and Clinical Hub to promote out of hospital care and community-based care, managed through integrated care pathways.
- Clinically led. We will provide clinically led, managerially enabled care with GPs, consultants and wider healthcare professionals working together, differently to better meet the needs of our population.
- We will make best use of our resources, by taking a system view and by thinking flexibly and innovatively about how we use our workforce, our equipment and our estates.
- Collaboratively developed. We will continue to involve patients and staff in designing and refining our services.
- Accessible and efficient. Our joined-up services will be accessible through simple, effective access points which meet the needs of our population. We will minimise handovers between organisations, improving patient experience and providing efficient and effective care first time.