Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
We also make use of third party cookies which give extended functionality to the services which can be accessed from our websites. Further information on third party cookies can be found below.
As an example; cookies are used to:
- Store your preferred text size and background colour following NHS accessibility guidelines
- To analyse how many people visit our sites
- To use third party services to improve your experience and interaction with our sites
- Cookies do not contain any form of information which can be used for identification purposes.
- We use two types of cookie:
First Party Cookies
These are cookies created fully within our control:
- Joomla Operational Cookies
- Personalisation Cookies i.e. font size, colours etc.
- Third Party Cookies
These are cookies which may be issued by other websites or services and are not within our control:
Cookies used by Google Analytics and YouTube (expires from 6 months to 10 years)
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.