Second key milestone for Dudley Integrated Health and Care NHS Trust
Dudley Integrated Health and Care NHS Trust has reached its second key milestone.
New staff and services have joined the organisation and it has submitted its business case for the award of the integrated care provider contract for Dudley.
The new services are:
- NHS Continuing Healthcare and Intermediate Care assessment
- Pharmaceutical Public Health
- Primary medical services for patients registered with the High Oak practice
- Primary Care Local Health Improvement Schemes
- Other activities currently carried out by Dudley CCG
These new services join:
- Dudley Talking Therapy Service
- Primary Care Mental Health Service
- The Pensnett Assessment Centre
Welcoming the new services DIHC Chair, Harry Turner said: “This is an exciting time for Dudley. We have a real chance to improve the health of our local population by building services around them. We have GPs and primary care at our heart and our ethos is to wrap care around the people of Dudley. Our organisation will ensure that Dudley people receive their healthcare in the community where possible and in hospital where necessary.”
Dudley CCG Chief Executive, Paul Maubach said: “Our shared agenda is to ensure that we are developing truly integrated services for local people. This move sees us take an important step towards the full implementation of DIHC’s Integrated Care Provider contract which will focus on improving the health and wellbeing of Dudley people.”