Meet the team
The Research & Innovation Team is a multidisciplinary team of professionals dedicated to the development and delivery of research within the Trust and its member GP Practices; our aim is to ensure that our local population has access to and can benefit from the latest treatments, care options, and evidence-based practice.
Dr Lucy Martin
Dr Lloyd Baron
Trust R&I Manager
Mrs Louise Scott
The Trust has a Research and Innovation Steering Group that supports the development, establishment, and implementation of strategic aims, direction, and prioritisation of the Research agenda.
Trust R&I Team
The R&I service is provided by the NIHR Clinical Research Network West Midlands (CRN WM), under the terms of a Service Level Agreement. Click the link to learn more about the CRN WM
The R&I Team provide support to DIHC and Primary Care staff and researchers (internal and external), with all research support activities, including:
- Advice on Regulatory Approval Requirements
- The Assess, Arrange, and Confirm Process (AAC) and Study Amendments
- Intellectual Property
- Honorary Research Contracts / Letters of Access
- Research Funding and Grant Applications Process
- Research Training opportunities and Requirements, (such as Good Clinical Practice (GCP))